The Metropolitan Museum of Art is currently accepting applications for summer and long-term internships. Both paid and unpaid internship opportunities are available to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates, to explore museum careers and gain professional experience. The Met welcomes interns from all backgrounds, and has a wide range of internship placements in nearly forty museum departments. In addition to our ten-week summer internships, the museum is offering the following 2019-2020 long-term internships beginning in June:
- Lifchez/Stronach Nine-Month Curatorial Internship
- The Emily K. Rafferty Twelve-Month Internship in Museum Administration
- The Tiffany and Co. Foundation Twelve-Month Curatorial Internship in American Decorative Arts
- Twelve-Month Internship in the Digital Department
- Twelve-Month Internship in Greek and Roman Art
- Twelve-Month Access and Inclusion Education Internship
The deadline for the PAID summer and long-term internship application is January 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). Applications for the UNPAID summer internship program are due on March 3, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). More information about the internship program, eligibility, and how to apply can be found on their website.