The Art Department will close for the holiday break, December 24th – January 4th. We will reopen for regular office hours 10am – 4pm on January 7th.
- Art Department
- Campus Partners
- News and Events
Are you a New York City-based artist with an exciting idea for a public project? Between December 10 and January 18, Creative Time is accepting proposals for a new public commission to be exhibited in the spring/summer of 2019. The open call is an opportunity for emerging artists to experiment in the public realm, and utilize Creative Time’s 40+ year history of realizing artists’ dream projects.
Ideas can be bold and ambitious, and there is no secret formula for size or scale – proposals can range from the unassuming to a dramatic gesture. Above all, it should be timely, and hold the potential to spark critical public exchange.
Click here for more information on the program, submission guidelines, and how to apply.
Come see painting professor Glenn Goldberg’s latest works in the opening of his show Beach and Quiet ( a rest stop) at Studio 10 in Brooklyn, Nov 9th-Dec 16th. An opening reception will take place Friday, Nov 9th, 7-9pm. For more information, visit the Studio 10 website!
The QC Guyanese Student Association and Caribbean Student Association are seeking artists, graphic designers, musicians, poets, fashion designers, and other creators who wish to share their works for an exhibition that showcases Caribbean and West Indian culture. Interested students can contact the GSA vice president Amanda Migdal by October 10th!
We invite you all to professor Lisa Mackie’s new show Here Then and Now at June Kelly Gallery, 166 Mercer St. in SoHo. The show will be up from Sept 6th – Oct 9th, with an opening reception on Thurs, September 6th, 6-8pm. Lisa Mackie is a New York artist, a master printer with a long and distinguished career. Besides her success as an individual artist, she has also collaborated with many, many others in order to more fully realize their own print-based works. To see more of Professor Mackie’s work, visit her website!
North Shore Hebrew Academy High School is seeking a part-time Art Assistant! See the details below for requirements and contact information.
Anticipated Vacancy: Part-Time, (High School) Art Assistant Position. 2018-2019 School Year. Art Portfolio Required.
Successful candidate MUST:
• Be flexible with schedule
• Available to teach both After School Art Clubs and assist/communicate with Art Department Chairperson during school day
• Demonstrate ability to work efficiently and be organized
• Have strong experience in Ceramics
• Additional experience in Drawing & Painting, Sewing, Fashion Design, Architecture, Printmaking and Technical Proficiency in Various Traditional Media – (Acrylic, Oil and Water Color Paint, Chalk and Oil Pastel, Colored Pencil and Charcoal etc.).
• Be proficient in Digital Media (Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator etc.).
• Photograph / Document Student Artwork while maintaining and organizing all digital files
• Monitor Inventory of Art Room supplies
Please submit copy of Resume, Cover Letter, and list of professional references directly to Lindsay Rabson, Art Department Chairperson: (Email) email@example.com
Spam prevention powered by Akismet